Monday, September 21, 2009

Hello to Everyone






Summer is over! and it is now Winter. Yes it is September and snowing here in the great state (yes it is a state) of Alaska. We are loving it here. Our schedules and lives have never before been this crazy but we are holding on and having fun. The kids are loving it here. They have seen more animals in there back yard then in a zoo! I am just hoping not to see the Bears just yet. Here if you go camping you have to carry a weapon. Bears kill more people then anything else here in Alaska.

So some updates. Haili has started Kindergarten and has decieded to make up any kind of illness possible to get out of school. But she really loves school. She makes friends by what shoes they are wearing. I think it will get difficult for her when the only thing she will wear is her snow boots. :) Cody is loving his babysitter. We found a very nice family in our ward that we have become good friends with. They have 3 girls. Cody loves every minute with them. And the big boy as he would say. (which is Derek their dad) Trevor is still flying in King Salmon and loving it. He is also loosing weight which is great but now I seem to gain weight :) It is all the fish he eats. I am trying to stay away from sugar. No more chocolate, candy, BROWNIES, cakes, cookies and all the fun stuff. I am trying to manage my health. Great timming now that Halloween is comming. But I believe I can do it. I am learning to say no. I have also switched my schedule at work. I am no longer working at the checkpoints. I will be working in the basement going through everyones checked baggage. I am really excited, I am a little tired of dealing with the public and getting yelled at because someone is mad they have to throw away their toothpaste. We are getting ready for the winter here and are very excited. I don't know if I can cut out the Hot chocolate, that might be a keeper. We definetly miss everyone. It feels like we are in a different country out here.

Love you all...The Roweklan

0 comments: